Chapter Six Test Review
23. What were the Intolerable Acts?
24. What effect did the Intolerable Acts have on the colonies?
25. What happened at the First Continental Congress?
26. How did the colonists protest the Intolerable Acts? How successful were they?
27. What did most colonial leaders think about the prospect of war with Britain?
28. What was the role of spies in the pre-revolutionary period?
29. Why did Britainís General Gage send troops to Lexington and Concord?
30. What was the mission of the midnight riders?
31. What happened at the battles of Lexington and Concord?
32. Who were the Loyalists and Patriots?
34. For what reasons did General Gage move his troops to Boston after the battles at
Lexington and Concord?
35. What did the Second Continental Congress accomplish?
36.Why was the Battle of Bunker Hill considered an important one for the colonists?
37. What was the purpose and outcome of the Olive Branch Petition?
38. Why did so many Loyalists flee Boston with the British?
39. What points does Thomas Paine make in Common Sense?
40. What impact did Paineís pamphlet have on the colonies?
41. Why did colonial leaders choose Thomas Jefferson to write the Declaration of
42. What is the core ideas of the Declaration of Independence?
43. Which parts of the population does the Declaration neglect?
Terms and Names:
King George III-
Sons of Liberty-