TOMMY STANDRIDGE
STADIUM

1330 W. Valwood Parkway
Carrollton, Texas 75006

The original football stadium for Carrollton-Farmers Branch was built in 1963.  It was built for RL Turner and had 10,000 seats.  In 1976 the stadium was dedicated to the memory of Tommy Standridge, an outstanding civic leader and friend of youth.  The stadium was remodeled and completed in 1993.  An Astroturf field was installed, and the home side was constructed to include a Press Box and houses offices for the Athletics and Fine Arts Departments.  In 2005 a new Sports field turf was laid at the stadium.  During the summer of 2006 the Daktronics jumbotron scoreboard was installed.  During the home games the AMAT students televise the game on the big screen with instant replay.  The Dallas Morning News ranked Standridge Stadium as one of the top ten locations in the metroplex to hold play-off games in 2005.  The stadium  has 13,000 seats and hosts games RL Turner, Newman Smith, and Creekview and Ranchview High Schools. 

                                               
Parking available includes 1,897 spaces on the property and an additional 703 spaces on surrounding lots for a total of 2,600 spaces.  Other events held at the stadium include sub-varsity football contests, high school soccer, middle school and high school track meets, Elementary Field Day, and a variety of community activities.   For further information about activities and Standridge Stadium call the Athletic Offices

972-968-5660



   BACK TO ATHLETIC HOME PAGE